The UCSB women’s tennis team completed its final road trip of the season last weekend, defeating UC Davis Saturday 5-2 but losing to Pacific 4-3 Sunday.

The loss against Pacific ended the Gauchos three match winning streak and drops the team’s overall record to 14-7 overall and 5-3 in Big West play.

UCSB was riding high going into Saturday’s match against the Aggies after a 6-1 demolition of rivals Cal Poly last weekend. However, the Gauchos struggled early and were unable to secure the doubles point.

The No. 2 doubles pair of April Scatliffe and Kiersten Meehan was leading Ellie Edles and Tiffany Pham 7-4, but did not get to finish given that UCSB had already lost the first two doubles matches.

Despite going down 1-0, the Gauchos responded well and thoroughly dominated the Aggies in singles.        Senior Erica Cano took down Tiffany Pham 3-6, 6-2, 6-1, and sophomore No. 5 Stacy Yam defeated Nicole Koehly in straight sets 6-2, 6-2.

The only Gaucho to lose her singles match on Saturday was freshman Priscilla Garcia who lost to Melissa Kobayakawa 1-6, 6-0, 6-2.

Juniors Paola Cos and Kiersten Meehan both won their matches in straight sets, 6-2, 6-1 and 6-0, 6-2, respectively.

Sophomore No. 1 April Scatliffe was finally able to seal the deal for the Gauchos beating Layla Sanders 7-5, 2-6, 7-6 (5).

After taking down UC Davis, the Gauchos made the short trip to Stockton, California to take on Pacific. Like the match against the Aggies, UCSB started the match in a 1-0 hole after again losing in doubles play. However, the Gauchos were not able to repeat their performance from the day before and lost a hard fought match 4-3.

Cano and Yam were able to continue their success as Cano defeated Regina Suarez 6-1, 6-3 and Yam won her match against Susan Te 6-4, 4-6, 6-4.

Cos was the only other Gaucho to win her singles match on Sunday, as she defeated Christiana Ferrari in straight sets 6-3, 6-0.

Scatliffe was almost able to give the Gauchos the win as she battled Iveta Masarova to a third set, but was ultimately beaten 6-7, 6-2, 6-2.

UCSB’s final regular season game will take place next Tuesday against UC Berkeley in Santa Barbara. The Gauchos will then have only a two-day break before they begin the Big West Tournament on April 25 in Indian Wells, California.

This article is an online exclusive and did not appear in the print edition of the Daily Nexus.