When you get betrayed, it is best not to let your emotions get the best of you. Even though my emotions are still raw, I am taking this opportunity to vent.

Recently I was left heartbroken by someone that I admired. It was almost too good to be true. Living in dense and crowded Isla Vista leads to the occasional glimpse of your neighbors, but I got to see her every day. I was in love immediately and our relationship flourished for three wonderful months.

Things were going so well until one week ago, when the love of my life closed her blinds. This experience led me to ask the question: What went wrong? Let’s break it down.

They say that giving gifts is a great way to keep a relationship strong. But now that it’s over it’s like my hair doll and weekly blood offerings weren’t enough.

Others say relationship problems arise from a lack of communication. Not mine. I made a point to write love notes every day on her bathroom mirror with lipstick. How could the problem be communication when I called her every day just to hear her voice on her answering machine? Plus, I left long messages of me breathing heavily just to show how much I care.

Also, many relationships fail because of fear of commitment. Not me. Consider my recent hospital bill, which details the injuries I sustained after falling out of the tree next to my love’s window, in which I had been camping for three full days. Fear of commitment? I think not.

The saying goes: It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

It is hard to see that in this moment, but I have learned that no matter how much you regret the past it will never change. And sometimes you can do everything perfectly, but when fate takes over, you may realize that some things just aren’t meant to be.

— Tom Pearson, Local Pervert

[media-credit name=”Natalie O” align=”aligncenter” width=”204″][/media-credit]