This weekend both the UCSB men and women’s swim and dive teams finished seventh overall at the Texas Invitational meet at the University of Texas. The meet serves as the last competition for both teams until Jan. 21, when UNLV will come to Campus Pool at UCSB for a dual meet for both the men and women.

Ward had a standout performance at the Texas invitational, breaking three school records throughout the course of the weekend in the 100-meter butterfly, 200-meter freestyle and the 200-meter butterfly. Yamauchi took 19th in the 200-meter breast stroke with her personal best time of the season 2:14.19. The women’s 400-meter relay team of Neely, Yamauchi, Ward and junior Emma Hunt finished 12th in an NCAA ‘B’ cut time of 3:23.79.

For the men, senior Ryan Garcia finished 16th in the finals of the 200-meter backstroke with a time of 1:48.76. Senior Evan Simoni took 15th in the 200-meter breaststroke, touching the wall in 2:03.58. Junior Max Horrell had the best individual performance for the Gauchos on the last day of competition as he finished the 200-meter fly in ninth place overall, and first in his heat with a time of 1:48.14.

UCSB will begin winter training over the course of the holiday season, and will return to campus pool for a dual meet against UNLV on Jan. 21.