The UCSB Associated Students Finance Board allocated $2,730 to one student organization during last night’s 30-minute meeting.

Santa Barbara Hillel requested $3,805 for the Israeli Culture Week occurring now through Friday. Scheduled events include a kosher cookout today, movie night tomorrow, guest speaker Alex Cicelsky on Thursday and a Shabbat dinner on Friday.

According to Santa Barbara Hillel Treasurer Matan Cohen, a second-year microbiology major, the organization is hosting most of the events in the Hillel building to reduce facility rental costs. The group will use the board’s funding primarily for hiring a rabbi to ensure kosher food and for Cicelsky’s lecture on environmentalism and Israeli culture.

Although the board does not typically cover cleanup expenses, Cohen said it is necessary to ensure compliance with Jewish practices.

“The cooking utensils are going to be one-time use needed for kosher reasons,” Cohen said. “For all the events with food, we need a kosher cleanup and supervision to make sure everything we make and everything we do adhere to the rules. This way we can include everyone because these five different events are open to all students.”

The board decided to fund the event’s last four of five activities due to short notice.

Additionally, the Bayanihan Student Organization requested a reallocation of $200 it received for the entertainment portion of the Nov. 19 Queer Pin@y Conference.

BSO chair Terri Luna, a third-year sociology and Asian American studies major, said the appeal is due to a change in the event’s musical performer.

“One of our scheduled entertainers, Joey Diamond, had a scheduling conflict, so he wasn’t able to come, but a UCSB alumnus who works for Amnesty International had a price adjustment,” Luna said. “Originally we gave him $500, but the price to get down here was $580, so we decided to take $100 from Joey Diamond’s $200.”

The representatives approved reallocating $100 and placed the remaining $100 in the board’s Fall Quarter unallocated budget.