The UCSB Management Service Officers and Business Officers discussed a range of topics including the implementation of a new UCSB financial system and ongoing campus construction at their quarterly meeting yesterday in Corwin Pavilion.

Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Design & Facilities Marc Fisher discussed campus construction plans, including a project to construct an addition to the library and a new bioengineering building. According to Fisher, it will be one of the most extensive renovations in decades.

“There will be a lot more infrastructure in the next few years,” Fisher said. “This is the biggest project in the core of campus since the 60s or 70s.”

Fisher said the construction will create temporary inconveniences beginning in December, most notably with Parking Lot 7 closing for 30 months.

Fisher additionally highlighted the administration’s attempts to streamline campus operations, including ticketing operations consolidation, creating a centralized calendar, adopting one e-mail system and outsourcing student e-mail.

“There are many places to go, but not one central calendar,” Fisher said. “This is a huge missed opportunity … we would also like to establish a virtual events and conference department web portal which gives more people information about what you’re doing on campus.”

Assistant Director of Customer Service of Physical Facilities Jenny Kai and Assistant Director of Operations in Housing & Residential Service Jeff Monteleone spoke about introducing a new online work request system — The Maintenance Authority — which will make tracking and entering maintenance service requests easier for users.

“It is 100 percent web-based and is very user friendly,” Kai said.