The Surfrider Foundation’s Isla Vista chapter will host its 12th annual Concert for the Coast at noon on Saturday in Anisq’ Oyo’ Park to advocate for the protection of the local coastline.

The free event will feature discussions on environmental issues by several speakers and raffles to raise money for the organization. Oakland’s critically acclaimed hip hop group Zion I will headline the musical performances alongside local bands Sand Section, Cali Conscious, Dante Elephante and Victory at Sea.

According to I.V. Surfrider’s Ocean Friendly Gardens campaign intern Kaitlin Carney, a second-year environmental studies major, the fundraiser will combine entertainment and environmental education for attendees.

“Not only will it be a good concert but it is also an opportunity to learn about the different campaigns because all of the interns will be working booths there,” Carney said.

The I.V. Surfrider chapter is part of the international Surfrider Foundation, a corporation that works to protect oceans and beaches. The organization focuses on local marine and shoreline concerns and has launched campaigns centered on water quality testing, ocean-friendly gardens and reducing the use of plastics.

According to I.V. Surfrider Co-Chair and Event Coordinator Niklas Edlinger, a fourth-year psychology major, the event also presents a chance for Surfrider to network with local residents and spread information regarding their recent projects.

“We’re not the most well-known club on campus, but we’ve got tons of issues we’re fighting for that we want to let people know about,” Edlinger said. “This concert gives us the opportunity to do just that.”

Edlinger said the concert will be a relaxing and informative way to welcome in the summer.

“The concert is a great way to end the year,” Edlinger said. “Who doesn’t love free music in the park? The vibe is great, people enjoy themselves and, if they learn something about Isla Vista’s coastal problems in the process, then we’ve done our part.”