The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to two burglaries and several alcohol-related crimes this weekend.

Deputies received a report of a theft on the 6500 block of El Greco Road at 10:30 p.m. Friday. According to IVFP Lt. Ray Vuillemainroy, the suspect stole a laptop from the residency. “The victim reported that an unknown suspect entered the apartment via an unlocked window,” Vuillemainroy said. “The suspect took a white MacBook from the top of the victim’s bed.”

Vuillemainroy said investigators discovered forensic evidence after examining the residency.

“Deputies collected multiple possible suspect fingerprints at the scene,” Vuillemainroy said. “The investigation is ongoing.”

The second burglary occurred on the 6500 block of Sabado Tarde Road at 2:17 a.m. Sunday. According to Vuillemainroy, officers confronted several male suspects after observing them write on a car’s damp windshield.

“They stopped the suspects and asked for permission to search the backpacks,” Vuillemainroy said. “The suspects gave them permission and deputies found an Xbox system, games and a laptop inside the backpacks.”

Vuillemainroy said the foot patrol searched the laptop and used the device’s personal information to trace the stolen wares to a nearby house. After contacting the laptop’s owner, foot patrol arrested three suspects for burglary, possession of stolen property and conspiracy.

Officers also handled several alcohol-related crimes throughout the weekend, issuing five citations for minors in possession, two for open containers and one for a music ordinance violation.