The Associated Students Finance Board allotted over $23,500 to 18 student organizations during last night’s four-hour meeting.

After receiving $15,000 in reallocated funds unaccounted for at last week’s meeting, the board began the night with almost $29,000. Over $5,440 now remains in the Spring Quarter unallocated budget.

The board expects to access approximately $10,000 next week — bringing its total unallocated budget up to almost $15,000 — from funds provided to the organization by the 2006 Student Initiative. The initiative provides a minimum of $250 for over 300 Office of Student Life groups that have been registered with the board for two consecutive years. Funds unused by OSL groups are returned to the board if they are not claimed by the fourth week of S.pring Quarter.

In allocations, Campus Democrats at UCSB asked the board for funding so 30 students could attend the 2011 California Democratic Party Convention in Sacramento.

Board member Ahmed Naguib said the group’s application process persuaded him to vote for full funding of the event.

“The presenter made it really clear that the event would be made open to the entire campus versus being exclusive to members of the organization,” Naguib said.

The board partially funded $2,184 to Campus Democrats.

Lambda Theta Alpha sought funding to organize a runway show. LTA member Traneé McDonald, a fourth-year philosophy major, said the venue will allow students to address how they see themselves.

“Often there are perceptions of what people should look like and often people feel that they can’t meet that perception,” McDonald said. “We’re hoping to promote positive body image on this campus.” However, Finance Board member Raul Martinez said the group’s request to fund the purchase of 350 promotional T-shirts was excessive.

The board decided to allocate $2,000 for 200 shirts.

The board distributes funds based on a first-come, first-serve basis, and by the time it was asked to allocate funds for Born Again Ministries, less than $13,000 remained in its budget. The board therefore funded $4,468 of the $7,991 B.A.M. requested, so as to be fiscally responsible and respectful of the other organizations seeking money.

A.S. President Paul Monge-Rodriguez presented next school year’s budget during the meeting, although the exact number was unconfirmed as of press time. Per A.S. legal code, the budget is initially organized by A.S. Finance Board, then approved by the president and presented to Legislative Council for consideration. The budget will soon be introduced to Leg Council.

Students can apply for a position on next year’s Finance Board upon request for more information at the A.S. main office. Applications are due by April 29 and interviews will be held in May.

All told, the board fully funded Hermanas Unidas, Wellness Interns, UCSB Indus, Black Quare, Students Stopping Rape, MultiCultural Center Council, Zeta Phi Beta, Cotillion Dance Club, Society of Anthropologists, Santa Barbara Investment Association and Chican@/Latin@ Graduation Committee. The board also partially funded CalPIRG, Hillel, Zeta Phi Rho, Lambda Theta Alpha and UCSB Global Medical Brigades following that proclamation.