Playing in their last home game, the seniors on the UCSB women’s soccer team left Harder Stadium for the last time this season with a 1-0 win over Seattle University, thanks to senior midfielder Stacy Myric’s first career goal in the 75th minute off a cross from senior forward Jessie Edmonds.

“It was the best way I could’ve ever imagined ending my career at Harder Stadium,” Myric said.

With the win, UCSB ended a three-game losing streak and improved to 7-8-2 on the season. Seattle dropped to 9-5-1.

“I thought that we were a little slack and didn’t have our best game.” Redhawks Head Coach Julie Woodward said. “They’re just a great Santa Barbara team. They definitely deserved to win today.”

Eight of the team’s ten seniors started on senior night at Harder Stadium in what turned out to be a competitive match between a Seattle team that beat the Gauchos 3-2 in the teams’ last meeting.

The game was scoreless throughout much of the contest and riddled with missed opportunities by both teams, including a header off of the right post by Jessie Edmonds and a shot that clanged off the top crossbar by forward Kylie McDonald. The Redhawks’ second-leading scorer Kara Kuttler had two close misses – one off a breakaway shot that travelled wide left.

Although UCSB and Seattle had 12 and 11 total shots, respectively, the Gauchos had seven shots on goal compared to the Redhawks’ four.

To qualify for the Big West tournament, the Gauchos will need to win their last two games of the season against Big West team Cal State Fullerton and conference rival Cal Poly. Pacific – who beat the Gauchos after scoring a goal with 11 seconds left in the first overtime last Sunday at Harder – will have to lose its remaining conference matches in order for UCSB to qualify.

“Hopefully [last night’s win gains us] some momentum,” Edmonds said. “We needed that win.”

The Gauchos will continue their season by traveling to Fullerton on Sunday before closing the season at Cal Poly on Friday, Oct. 29.