The Isla Vista Foot Patrol responded to an assault on a deputy this weekend, in addition to several burglaries and vandalisms.

A 61-year-old Isla Vista resident attacked a local sheriff Saturday morning at Anisq’ Oyo’ Park after a group of officers approached him. The battered deputy did not require medical attention, but officers arrested the man for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest.

In addition to violent crime, the Foot Patrol responded to burglaries at two residences over the weekend. Thieves stole computers from a residence on Del Playa Drive Friday night, and again on El Colegio Road Sunday morning.

Deputy Freddy Padilla said burglars also struck two cars on Abrego Road and Del Playa Drive, and advised residents to exercise caution when leaving valuable items in their cars.

“When you park your vehicle, don’t leave anything in plain view that is of value that is really enticing to these burglars,” Padilla said.

Police have not identified any of the thieves.

Vandals were also at work during the weekend, demolishing cars across four blocks of Isla Vista. Abrego Road, Del Playa Drive, El Colegio Road and Segovia Road all saw expensive instances of vandalism.

Padilla said the high cost of side mirrors, roughly $400, makes the crimes felonies.

“Our recommendation is that they tuck in their … mirrors when they park them,” Padilla said. “Hopefully that will keep them from being vandalized.”

Officers also responded to alcohol-related crimes over the weekend. Deputies arrested eight people for public intoxication and issued 18 citations for minors in possession of alcohol.