With a frightening number of half-naked revelers scheduled to invade Isla Vista this week, the university has instituted a series of regulations to barricade the campus from the horrors of Halloween.

The policies cover all angles of campus life and vary from “useful” to “draconian.” Here’s the run down for all you campus-dwellers.

Residence Halls

Overnight guests are prohibited from entering any of the UCSB residence halls from noon on Thursday, Oct. 30, until 8 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 2, according to Residence Hall Association regulations.

Jaimie Bowen, a first-year psychology major, said the residence halls have told students that the strict lockdown will be carefully enforced.

“What they told us is that you can’t have guests from Thursday to Sunday,” Bowen said. “All of the far entrances are locked so you can only enter the main door, Community Service Officers are walking up and down the halls all the time, and you have to show your access card to get in at any time.”

Parking

On-campus parking will also be restricted throughout the entire weekend in preparation for the influx of partygoers. Beginning on Friday at 5 p.m., only current UCSB parking permit holders will be allowed to park on campus until 7:30 a.m., Monday, Nov 3. Student night and weekend parking permits will not be valid at this time.

Additionally, visitor parking permits will not be available from any of the parking lot pay machines from 5 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Saturday, and from 5 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday.

UCSB students who reside in Isla Vista can purchase a special pre-issued parking permit for $15 from the Transportation & Parking Services Web site, www.tps.ucsb.edu. The Halloween permit allows students to park in a designated campus lot for the duration of the weekend.

While accommodations will be made for campus visitors who plan to attend university approved or sponsored events, all other on-campus parking will be prohibited — vehicles in violation will be subject to fines of up to $150 and risk having their vehicle towed.

According to Donna Carpenter, the Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services, departments are advised to inform Administrative Services about any events occurring on or around Halloween weekend, so they may provide valid parking permits to students.

Out-of-town visitors are prohibited from parking on campus or in local parking lots such as Camino Real Marketplace, Kmart, Girsh Park, University Village Plaza or local Goleta neighborhoods — cars parked in violation will be towed.

Associated Students — “Keep it Safe” Campaign

In a preventative measure to protect the student body, A.S. has created a Web site designed to inform students about special ordinances for Halloween weekend. Sponsored by A.S., the “Keep it Safe” campaign, provides tips, resources and information to help students survive Halloween in I.V.

According to Zekee Silos, External Vice President of Local Affairs, Associated Students has been proactive this year in preparing for Halloween.

“This year we wanted to take a very involved approach in terms of Halloween,” Silos, a fifth-year global studies major said. “We worked to coordinate efforts with university and county officials so our work could be a little bit more organized.”

Working in partnership with A.S. this year – as they have for the past 21 years – will be the Sober Student Task Force, a volunteer organization formed in 1987 in response to stabbing, shooting and public molestation incidents that occurred during the Halloween of 1986, Silos said.

“[1986] was definitely a bad year for Halloween,” Silos said. “Students took it upon themselves to take action.”

Aside from distributing Halloween publications with key tips about legal concerns, safe drinking, and noise ordinances, A.S. is also coordinating clean up efforts to scrub Isla Vista and campus of the remnants of Halloween’s debauchery. ‘Clean-a-ween’, as it has been dubbed, will take place Sunday Nov. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and volunteers are encouraged to join in on the clean sweep.