Marking her first visit to the campus since 1992, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will make a surprise appearance at UCSB tonight.

Clinton will speak at 6:45 p.m. in the Pavilion Gym inside the UCSB Rec Cen. The New York senator’s stop at UCSB makes Clinton the first 2008 candidate to speak on campus thus far. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. and attendees are advised to show up early, as the venue will only allow 900 people in on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Local Hillary Clinton Campaign Coordinator Susan Rose, the former 2nd District Santa Barbara County supervisor, said the presidential candidate will make UCSB her last stop of the day.

“It will be a town hall style meeting and she will take questions,” Rose said. “We’re looking forward to giving her a tremendous welcome.”

Clinton first announced her presidential bid on Jan. 22, 2007 and has since raised $90,935,788 for her campaign. With regards to abortion, Clinton is pro-choice. She also supports civil unions and immigration reform. Her reform plan would include improved border security and legal paths to citizenship for illegal immigrants. While Clinton originally voted for use of military force in Iraq, she now says she would have voted differently and opposed President George W. Bush’s surge of American troops in Iraq, urging a phased withdrawal.

California, along with over 20 other states, will hold its primaries on Super Tuesday – Feb. 5. California has 370 Democratic delegates up for grabs and Clinton remains in a tight race with Ill. Sen. Barack Obama for the party’s 2008 nomination.