Associated Students Legislative Council heard reports from several A.S. committees, discussed future plans and tabled one bill at its meeting yesterday.

The tabled bill was for the creation of an A.S. Program Board coordinator position responsible for organizing after-hours events at the UCen. Meanwhile, representatives from the A.S. Commission on Disability Access, Community Affairs Board and Take Back the Night presented their plans for the upcoming quarter and informed members of ongoing projects.

The council also discussed the UC Student Lobby Conference in Sacramento that occurred this past weekend, which several members attended and said was a fun and successful event. External Vice President of Statewide Affairs Bill Shiebler said eight state legislators spoke at the lobby day in support of lowering student fees.

“This was the largest conference we’ve ever had,” Shiebler said.

During the meeting, President Jared Goldschen reported on his meeting with Santa Barbara County’s Third District Supervisor Brooks Firestone, whose constituency includes Isla Vista. Goldschen said Firestone is in the process of creating an affordable housing project and replacing lighting in I.V., and that he wants to improve cultural and social programming.

“Brooks is a big fan of improving image,” Goldschen said.

At the end of the meeting, members tabled a bill that will be on next week’s agenda. If passed, it will create a coordinator position on Program Board whose job it will be to organize after-hours events in the Hub.

The bill states that, due to increased programming in the newly remolded Hub, a new position is needed to coordinate with the UCen in order to put on consistent weekly events.

At the end of the meeting, Off-Campus Rep Shahan Ahmed informed the council of new transportation options for students to Goleta through Bill’s Bus. Ahmed said the program, which will likely start with offering rides to Zodo’s Bowling, will begin Spring Quarter as long as A.S. Finance Board approves its budget at Monday’s meeting. Additionally, members announced their goal to archive all A.S. bills and resolutions on the organization’s website.