The friends of UCSB student Alisa Naret – who died in a car accident last week – will hold a memorial service to honor her life this Saturday in the Humanities and Social Sciences Building.

Cassandra Nattrass, a fourth-year global and German studies major, helped arrange this Saturday’s service, which will take place in the McCure Conference Room in HSSB 6020 from 5 to 7 p.m. Nattrass said attendees may sign a scrapbook at the service and write in notes or add pictures. She said she will send the scrapbook to Naret’s parents to show them how many people in Santa Barbara loved their daughter.

“We would like for people to bring flowers and candles,” Nattrass said. “Her roommate is going to be speaking and her boyfriend and her best friend from home. Then it will be open to speakers.”

Naret, a fourth-year biopsychology major, was killed on Oct. 26 when a big-rig tire flew over the center divider and hit her windshield while she was driving southbound on Highway 101. Naret’s funeral was held in her hometown of San Jose last Sunday.

Besides students, Nattrass said, some of Naret’s colleagues from her internship in Oxnard plan to attend the service.

“It’s for anybody who wanted to come and pay their respects who couldn’t make it to the funeral,” Nattrass said.

Naret was set to graduate at the end of this quarter and was planning to travel abroad before going to medical school.

“This shouldn’t have happened; she was so amazing and was just full of life and I can’t imagine life without her,” Nattrass said.