Former President Bill Clinton will chat with Paul Orfalea in front of an Arlington Theatre crowd next Friday, as part of the inaugural event for UCSB’s Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies.

Clinton and Orfalea, a visiting lecturer for the Global & International Studies program at UCSB and the founder of Kinko’s, will cover a range of issues reflecting the title of the discussion, “Leadership for the Global Future.” Sponsored by the Orfalea Foundations, the event will be held Oct. 13 from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m. at the Arlington Theatre, located at 1317 State St. Doors will open at 12:15 p.m.

Six hundred free tickets will be available to students tomorrow at 9 a.m. at the Associated Students Ticket Office. One ticket will be given to each student who presents a valid UCSB identification card. Cindy Lopez, associate director of administration in charge of the A.S. Ticket Office, said she is expecting a large crowd.

“We’re expecting a lot of people,” Lopez said. “There were quite a few people there [Wednesday] morning waiting to get tickets.”

One ticket office employee said popular events typically cause lines that stretch to the parking lot by Davidson Library. Some people even camp out to wait to purchase tickets.

The Arlington Theatre Box Office will sell general admission tickets beginning today at 11 a.m. Tickets will be $75 or $45, depending on the seat. The theater has a seating capacity of 2,018.

The event will include an announcement stating the Orfalea Foundations’ commitment to the campaigns of the Clinton Global Initiative, which includes poverty alleviation, energy and climate change, global health and mitigating religious and ethnic conflict.

A portion of the proceeds from the ticket sales will go to support the Orfalea Center and the Master of Arts program in Global and International Studies at UCSB. The M.A. program was introduced this year and is funded by the Orfalea Center.

The Orfalea Center for Global and International Studies, which opened last school year, was funded in part by Orfalea and the Orfalea Family Foundation. The center financially supports and helps coordinate public programs, seminars, publications and research planning in global, international and area studies for the university.