Following a resignation that occurred Tuesday, a Legislative Council member bowed out of an Associated Students’ elected position last night, and an executive officer called for the possibility of a yet another resignation.

Off Campus Rep. Christina Escobar decided to discontinue her involvement in the council after last night’s meeting, and Off Campus Rep. Ashley Weiss resigned on Tuesday. Meanwhile, External Vice President of Local Affairs Joel Rodriguez-Flores told leggies they could ask for Internal Vice President Felix Hu to resign, as Rodriguez-Flores said Hu has not fulfilled his duties.

Last night’s meeting also included the unanimous passage of three resolutions. The council also tabled a bill about expediting council meetings.

In an interview held after the meeting, Escobar said she resigned for personal reasons.

“It wasn’t for me,” Escobar said. “I didn’t really have time for stuff I really wanted to do.”

Weiss also said she resigned for personal reasons.

“It had nothing to do with people I was working with,” Weiss said. “For my own reasons, I needed to stop.”

Weiss would not comment on whether she knew of other planned resignations from the council.

At the meeting, Rodriguez-Flores encouraged leggies to stay on board.

“It has come to my attention that there are people who are considering resigning from the council,” Rodriguez-Flores said. “I think [these resignations are] something very, very serious.”

Although he did not directly blame Hu for the resignations, Rodriguez-Flores attributed problems within the council to his co-executive officer, claiming Hu has not fulfilled his duties.

“It’s in great part been a failure on Felix’s part because he should be doing a lot of things he hasn’t been doing,” Rodriguez-Flores said. “There are students on legislative council that have done much more work than he has … but that’s not fair.”

Hu did not comment during the meeting on Rodriguez-Flores’ remarks, and did not return calls seeking comment.

Besides requesting his resignation, Rodriguez-Flores said council members could write a resolution to revoke Hu’s tuition payments, which are paid for via student fees.

Aside from the time spent on the council’s inner turmoil, the council did devote a portion of its meeting to three resolutions and one bill.

One resolution expressed support for the 200 UC Santa Cruz students who, according to the resolution, recently encountered police brutality during a demonstration. The council also passed a re-written resolution supporting the tenants of the Cedarwood Apartments.

Another resolution involved a request for the university sever ties with the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and the Los Alamos National Laboratory, due to the labs’ research on nuclear technology.

The resolution concerning the national labs calls for the creation of an intra-UC campus student committee to oversee lab management, and also asks A.S. executive officers to issue statements in support of the resolution.

Darwin BondGraham, a sociology graduate student, urged the council to pass the resolution.

“Since you are the representatives of the students at UC Santa Barbara, it is very important that you all pay attention to what is happening at the nuclear labs our university is managing,” BondGraham said. “The best thing we can do is withdraw our support.”

The council passed the resolution with consent.

Leggies also tabled a bill to expedite their weekly meetings by lessening time spent on grammatical corrections.

According to the bill, “the Associated Students Legislative Council’s time is vital and should be spent discussing substantial issues, rather than painstakingly revising correct spelling and sentence structure.”

It also said “knowledge of correct spelling and sentence structure has historically been inaccessible to low-income communities and communities of color, thereby excluding them from mainstream discourse and delegitimizing [sic] their own knowledge.”