Randall Menegon and Erik Sergott, both 19-year-old Goleta residents, were arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of armed bank robbery after the car used in the robbery was spotted near Menegon’s residence, less than a mile from the bank.

The suspects – who were both booked on $100,000 bail – were arrested in connection with the Feb. 25 robbery of the Santa Barbara Bank & Trust in the Magnolia Center in Goleta. Menegon was identified after a citizen tipped off police on Tuesday that he had seen a vehicle matching the description of the getaway car in Goleta on South San Marcos Road.

Sheriff’s Dept. Lt. Mike Burridge said investigators were able to locate Menegon’s residence on the 400 block of South San Marcos Rd., after matching fingerprints found at the bank with the suspect’s police record and by using the physical information provided by the bank’s surveillance video.

“Neither suspect has any [prior] serious felony arrests or convictions,” Burridge said. “[Menegon] had some minor stuff that didn’t result in any convictions.”

Mengon was arrested when he returned to his residence at 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, about five hours after Sheriff’s S.W.A.T. members served an arrest and search warrant at his house. Sergott, who is believed to be the driver of the car used during the robbery, turned himself into the Sheriff’s Dept. at noon on Wednesday, Burridge said.

“Menegon posted bail and was released from custody on Wednesday at 6 p.m.,” he said.

On Monday, Menegon allegedly entered the Goleta bank with a chrome semi-automatic handgun and demanded money from the bank teller, Burridge said.

“The subject made off with an unknown amount of money and was last seen running south on Cinderella Lane,” he said. “Witnesses on Cinderella Lane saw a subject that matched the description [of the suspect] get into a red 1990s SUV driven by a young white male adult.”

Burridge said both suspects were arrested on the armed robbery charge because both are believed to be accomplices in the crime.