Three break-ins over the past weekend have the Foot Patrol urging Isla Vistans to lock their doors again.

On Friday, Jan. 25, police received a report of an intruder who entered an apartment on the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive through an unlocked door around 4 a.m. The suspect was reportedly rubbing the buttocks of a female victim before she awoke. The victim said the suspect took off running before she noticed she was also missing money in her wallet.

The victim was able to provide authorities with a description of a black male in his 20s, approximately six feet tall with short wavy hair. The suspect was wearing a dark, baggy jacket and jeans at the time of the incident.

The second break-in occurred Monday morning at around 5:40 a.m. on the 6500 block of Trigo Road. IVFP Lt. Russ Birchim said he believes the cases are related.

“The two instances sound like the same suspect,” he said. “This guy is going through unlocked doors and it looks like he’s operating between 4 or 5 in the morning. … The female suspect confronted the suspect in her apartment. She asked what he was doing and he walked out of the house.”

The second female victim reported to authorities that money was stolen from her wallet and provided the police with a description that matched the profile of the first suspect.

Birchim said a third incident – in which a male discovered his wallet was stolen from his apartment on the 6600 block of Trigo Road – may or may not be related to the other break-ins.

“The victim didn’t see the intruder in this case, so we don’t know if it’s related – we don’t have any suspect information,” he said.

“If [anyone] does find an intruder, let us know right away so we can get out there with our forensics to get fingerprints. It helps the investigation when we can get out there right away,” Birchim said.

Anyone with information about these incidents is requested to call the IVFP at 681-4179 or 911.