A Santa Barbara High School student was booked into juvenile hall on Monday, after Sheriff’s deputies found enough materials at his home to make at least four pipe bombs.

The investigation began after S.B.H.S. administrators contacted the Santa Barbara Police Dept. Another student had told the administration that the juvenile suspect “claimed to have made and detonated a pipe bomb in the area of Gibraltar Road and Tunnel Road in Santa Barbara last year,” Sheriff’s Dept. Lt. Jim Dollar said.

The Sheriff’s Dept. Bomb Squad contacted the suspect, and investigators searched his residence on the 2000 block of Foothill Road in Santa Barbara.

Deputies found a homemade blowgun that shoots darts, a .22-caliber rifle with over 400 rounds, and materials to make pipe bombs. Dollar said the evidence found at the house indicated the suspect might have been actively testing and detonating explosives over the past six months. Investigators are still trying to determine a motive behind the suspect’s possession of the destructive devices and have notified Santa Barbara High School as a precaution, according to Dollar.

The student was booked into Santa Barbara County juvenile hall on charges of possession of materials with intent to make a destructive device and possession of prohibited weapons.