Cognac: Is It in You?

At approximately 12:16 a.m. on Saturday, May 12, Isla Vista Foot Patrol officers patrolling the 6600 block of Del Playa Drive observed a 19-year-old male stumbling in front of a residence.

The suspect was carrying an open bottle of RŽmy Martin cognac. When contacted by the officers, the suspect appeared to be confused and disoriented.

Officers then noticed the suspect had an unsteady gait as they walked him to the curb. The suspect told the officers he was going to walk approximately five miles home to his residence.

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the IVFP station. While at the station, the suspect became very depressed and began to cry.

The suspect was transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed pending sobriety.

No Shirt, No Shoe, No Chance

At approximately 2:43 a.m. on Saturday, May 12, IVFP officers investigating a report of a fight in progress at a residence on the 6700 block of Trigo Road were directed to a 20-year-old suspect who had been involved in the fight.

The suspect told the officers he was going to spend the night at the apartment where the fight had occurred. The resident of the apartment was concerned there may be another incident and asked the suspect to leave.

The suspect went outside to attempt to find his lost shoe and shirt. The suspect admitted to having been involved in several fights and told the officers that his shoe was stolen from him. The suspect then explained his level of intoxication to the officers by saying, “I didn’t come here to read a book. Yeah, I’m wasted.”

The suspect was arrested for public intoxication and transported to the Santa Barbara County Jail, where he was housed pending sobriety.

Rebel Without a Clue

At approximately 12:22 a.m. on Friday, May 11, IVFP officers enforcing a noise violation on the 6500 block of Del Playa Road observed occupants at the party being uncooperative and throwing beer onto passersby from the balcony.

Officers contacted a male subject who was holding a beer and asked him for his identification. A 24-year-old male suspect interrupted the officers, demanding they leave his residence and telling the other male subject not to provide identification.

The suspect began to yell profanities at one of the officers and moved close enough to bump the officer. Another officer moved the suspect away from the officer. The suspect was holding a beer, so the officers checked his identification to verify he was of age and told the suspect to stay inside the residence.

Shortly after, the suspect exited the residence and continued to yell profanities at the officers. When the officer obtained the suspect and told him he was under arrest, the suspect immediately tensed and refused to cooperate. One small burst of mace was used, which terminated his resistance.

– Compiled by Jennifer B. Siverts from the Isla Vista Foot Patrol Reports