Aceyalone exists as the greatest emcee on earth, as well as one of the most underappreciated. If you’ve ever checked for the L.A. underground, you know the stats: one-fourth of Freestyle Fellowship, head of the Project Blowed workshop and album of the same name, and lyrical author of All Balls Don’t Bounce and A Book of Human Language. That adds up to five classic albums, yet certain magazines seriously lacking integrity (okay, I’ll say it – The Source) have had the nerve to give him two-and-a-half mics. Accepted Eclectic is Acey’s second straight album to get dissed in The Source, but to the real hip hop fan it serves as further evidence that Aceyalone will never fall the fuck off.

One of the starkest characteristics of Accepted Eclectic is Acey’s refusal to ride trends. Go ahead and run down the checklist: Excessive guest spots? No, only P.E.A.C.E. and Abstract Rude make appearances. Are the guests relevant? Yes, P.E.A.C.E. is a member of Freestyle Fellowship and Ab Rude has been tag-teaming wax with Acey since ’94. Bitches and blunts? Both get addressed in "Bounce" and "Master Your High," respectively, and are dealt with in a unique way. Materialism, R&B singers and gimmicky beats? Nope, it’s totally devoid. What he does bring to the table are his unmistakable flows, widely varying subject matter and a fine array of beats from Fat Jack, Joey Chavez and more.

The finest song on the album is probably "Accepted Eclectic." The production on this track steamrolls through uncharted territory, but Aceyalone rides it like he’s been listening to it since leaving the womb. While he has "75 ways / To daze and amaze and raise the stakes," most rappers have none. Aceyalone retains legendary status.
www.b-boykingdom.com
www.nugruv.com
Release Date: 3/6